Americans are in desperate need of jobs. But, have we gotten to the point that we want to solve the unemployment problem by inviting Gitmo savages to our homeland to be held in a western Illinois prison?
Are Illinois citizens eager to put themselves in a setting in which they will have feces, urine, and other body fluids thrown at them on a frequent basis, as is done at Gitmo?
Read from Atlas Shrugs:
GITMO, The Chicago way
"As Obama plans to bring his fellow travelers up from GITMO to ....Illinois, let's review:
· Since 2002, the Guantanamo Bay detention facility has held some of the world’s most dangerous terrorists, many who helped plan the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.
· Despite clear opposition from the American people, the Obama Administration plans to transfer detainees from Guantanamo Bay to a prison in Thomson, Illinois, and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed to New York City for trial before a federal judge.
· House Republicans will push for congressional hearings regarding the president’s recent decisions. Relying upon press reports and the New York Times is not sufficient congressional oversight.
· If terrorists are brought to U.S. soil, they will seek to manipulate the rights provided by the very Constitution that they sought to destroy.
· Bringing dangerous terrorists to U.S. soil will not make our country safer. House Republicans will push for hearings on this decision.
· The president’s actions are taking us back to a pre-9/11 mentality when we treated acts of terrorism as a law enforcement issue, and as a result, failed to prevent an attack.
· The American people deserve to have their voices heard in this important debate, not shut out by a president who promised openness and transparency.
· House Republicans have a plan, the 'Keep Terrorists Out of America Act,' that guarantees dangerous terrorists held at the Guantanamo Bay detention facility are kept off American soil and out of our courts.
UPDATE: Yesterday Atlas reader Courage-to-see heard an interview on Chicago radio with Representative Don Manzullo (R) for the Thomson district. Rep. Manzullo feels his concerns and those of his constituents are being ignored by the administration. During the interview he adamantly stated he was against the relocation of Gitmo terrorists to his district. He also stated that his concerns were not being addressed by either the administration or the Senators of the state.
Congressman Don Manzullo (R-IL) today issued a statement reacting to President Obama’s decision to move up to 210 al Qaeda and Taliban terrorists from Guantanamo Bay to the Thomson Correctional Center in northwest Illinois.
Read his statement here."